May 08, 2010

Water fun

.
Well, you wouldn't know it by todays temps in the 50's with high wind, but last week was in the low 80's and beautiful!
.
Dazzle and I went to Cross Creek Farm and did some Dock Diving practice.
.
He did LOTS of jumps and really enjoyed it.  We were trying to get him to jump higher (so he could go farther) but he tends to jump kind of flat.  I might take an agility jump next time to give him the idea :-)  After jumping off the dock, he spent quite awhile running around and playing off leash games with the other dogs there.  A fun time was had by all!

This dog, Lincoln, wasn't too sure about the water, but really wanted Dazzle's toy, so we used Dazzle's jumping in the water and standing just off shore with his toy as a "lure" :-)
Once Dazzle got out of the water, Lincoln latched on to the toy and tugged with all his might.  Dazzle only had to work a little to keep from losing the toy :-) I thought I got their tugging on video, but I guess I only got still shots.

After all that jumping, swimming, running and tugging he slept for the hour drive home, but when we got home he spent 2 hours trying to get me to throw the ball (and chasing it when I did throw it).
.
VIDEO: Dock Diving
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmmREWHkj4Y
.
Yesterday (when it was 30 degrees warmer than today!) I filled the dog's pool and Dazzle spent some time playing with the hose, so I had to get it on video.  The 1 minute video includes some slow motion clips at the end.
.
VIDEO: Hose fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYm-wPcAMLQ

.