December 14, 2008

Santa Baby

.
While at Complete Petmart today getting dog food, I saw that they had a Santa there for pet photos for donations to a cat rescue. There were two kitties just finishing up with Santa that did NOT look happy to be there. :-) I got the dog food and then decided to try another photo since the first went well, but the lighting wasn't the best. Once again, Dazzle did great and got right up in his lap. I was able to stand right behind the photographer, so he's looking right at the camera. I think it turned out really nice!
This morning we covered basic obedience and some rally moves. He is doing really well with that and I'm looking forward to a Rally class in January at QCDTC. I still have food all over the floor that he notices from time to time, but he doesn't try to get it.
.
This evening we did something new. I got an innexpensive light switch from Home Depot that matches the ones we have in the house and mounted it to a piece of foam board. It didn't take him long to figure out how to move it on and off with his nose. Of course it's not hooked up to anything, but it does click when he pushes it hard enough with his nose to change it's position and he can feel it snap into either on or off position.
.
By the end of the session, I had mounted the foam board to 2x4's so I could raise it a little at a time as he masters each height. We quit when we ran out of food and the switch was just barely reachable for him from a 4 on the floor standing position.