June 15, 2012

Week 24

Last Friday a friend called to let me know she was in the hospital and needed us to watch her retired guide dog for her. She was keeping her current guide dog with her in the hospital but needed help getting the dog outside depending on the attitude and willingness of the nurses.

She was in the hospital till yesterday so Dazzle and her guide dog (Dazzle's girlfriend) did a LOT of lying around and doing nothing. They took the steady flow of traffic (nurses, aides, docs, PCA's, etc.) in stride, at times not even waking up when someone new walked in. Dazzle loved the second recliner in the room and the nurses said they didn't care if he was up there. :-)  


At one point, while my friend was getting a treatment, Dazzle and I took a walk and found a window that Dazzle loved looking out (12th floor). He sat and stared out the window for several minutes. The hospital photos were taken with my cell phone so the quality is really poor.

In spite of having a big open space in the room, the dogs decided the best place for their brief play sessions was on the narrow bed! Since the guide dog was sleeping on the bed every night (and any time it wasn't in use) having them play on the bed wasn't an issue. And while they played, my friend was in the recliner on her side of the room.

While I was up early one morning (getting ready for another hospital visit) I decided to use the morning light to try another jumping shot. I'm pretty happy with this, but it's still not as "stop action" as I'd like so there is still a bit of blur on his face.

I also did some running shots, but I've "been there done that" already for the project. I do like this one though. The corn is really getting tall!

I ended up getting some "fetch" shots and using the set below. When I saw this one, I knew it was the one I would go with.  But by itself, it looked almost static, so I added the frames prior to show that he was actually scooping it up at full speed.

Tomorrow (Friday) we will be trying to get the last AKC Agility F.A.S.T. leg needed for his NF title.  And Saturday, we head to MI for a week at Dog Scout camp. I'm sure I'll have lots of photos from that trip to post when we return.