February 14, 2009

Rally Novice Title Earned!

.
Just got back from the show and edited the video (below). Dazzle did a FABULOUS job, only losing a single point for a crooked sit. His HANDLER however, cost us 4 additional points because I couldn't seem to leave the leash loose. ARG! Still, I am very pleased with our 95 and thrilled with his performance!
.
Scores were high today, so 95 wasn't enough to get a placement ribbon, but the green qualifing ribbon is all we needed!! This is his third qualifing run, so he earned his Rally Novice title today! We're still going back tomorrow because it will be his 3 highest scores that will go on record. If we can earn more than 85 points, it will be worth the trip. Of course it will be a learning/practice experience and worth it regardless of our score :-)
.
I'm going to try borrowing a 4' leash tomorrow so I don't have to have the leash in both hands. I even entered the ring trying to concentrate on my tendancy to pull the leash behind me for no apparent reason, but I have no idea I'm even doing it. So it's hard to overcome. I thought I had done a good job of not doing the leash pulling till I got out of the ring and was told I did it several times. DRAT! I'm going to try to keep my leash hand glued to my hip tomorrow and hopefully that will help. Dazzle wasn't even getting ahead of me when I was pulling it behind me, so I'm not sure why I'm even doing it. Oh well, what fun would it be if I had nothing to work on? LOL
.
Another nice thing is that I was able to get him tested with an AKC evaluator at the show for his Star Puppy Title and his CGC (Canine Good Citizen.) His CGC will need to be taken again after he is a year old to keep that title though.
.
So he is now:
Loup Noir Jasper, DSA, BA, RN, Star Puppy, CGC (in the order earned)
A good start for just over 6 months old!
.
Here's the video:

.

P.S. As of the membership meeting last night, I was voted in (with several others) as a member of Kuliga dog training club.