March 23, 2009

FUNNY!

.
Mals are definitely a creative breed! I have noticed lately that I can't find any of Dazzle's tennis balls or other round toys anywhere around the house. I checked under and behind everything I thought might be hiding them. When I couldn't find them, I thought maybe the holes he has been digging were for burial of these objects.
.
But last night, Mike came in and said "Are you looking for tennis balls?" I said "Yeah! I can't find them anywhere. Did you find his hiding place?" He had to show me and I figure a few photos are worth more than trying to describe it.
.
Apparently, he likes to have them right by the back door. Maybe teaching him to put the money in the bowl has turned into a bit of creativity on his part - Put the ball in the hole :-) Of course, once he drops them in, he can't get them out. We put the temporary "wall" up when my elderly Rottweiler kept stepping off the "porch" and losing his balance. I used the gravel to build up ramps so there was no step on the two main sides and added the wall to save on gravel. I have since leveled the gravel and I think I'll be taking the wall down. I wonder where Dazzle will put them then?! We'll see!