March 15, 2009

Sick week

.
Monday, I felt just fine. Tuesday as soon as I woke up I knew I was not well. It wasn't until today (Saturday) that I felt well enough to get out of bed and on the computer again. I spent 4 days between the bed and huddled under a blanket on the couch. ALL the dogs did a great job of offering comfort, except when Dazzle decided to jump from one couch to the other onto MY HEAD! But aside from that, even he did a fantastic job of keeping himself entertained (only lost 1 pillow and one pencil, which thankfully he didn't eat!) and not bugging me to play too much. Other than tossing a few toys weakly across the room from where I was, I just couldn't do much more.
.
Even today, well yesterday since it's after midnight when I post this, I am still sore and achy, feverish off and on, coughing, sniffling and not ready to go outside to play. So Dazzle is REALLY bored after 5 days of NO training and no directed exercise. Thank GOD for the hard blue ball I got him when he was a pup (that is in several of his growth photos.) He wears himself out pushing it ALL over the yard! And he forces the other dogs to play too and mostly they oblige. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel well enough and strong enough to go out to toss the ball for him.
.
When we got home last week from the park, when it was such nice weather, I filled the baby pool for him. He would shove that ball around, then take a break in the pool, then go back to shoving it around. I think he's going to be as much of a "water baby" as Buster! He also enjoyed dropping the smaller toys in the pool and batting/splashing at them with his feet and "diving" for them by sticking his long nose under the water to get them. He was also willing to lay down in the water though I know it had to be cold straight from the hose.
.
It was either last Sunday or Monday that I FINALLY got a decent bit of video of Dazzle and Bear playing! They do this quite often, but don't like anyone to watch them play. Like it's their secret game or something. So I stayed in the kitchen and shot the video through the window. They would stop from time to time when they heard a noise and check to see if anyone was watching. Then Coyote saw them and had to run outside to "break it up" with his presence :-(

I put the short clip to music. Enjoy!
.
I measured Dazzle on Tuesday, but he hadn't grown since last week. Didn't get a chance to weigh him.