June 17, 2009

Letterboxing Sig Stamp

.
I haven't been letterboxing in ages, but I do enjoy carving ink stamps. Since I'll be teaching a class on letterboxing at camp next week, I figured I better make Dazzle a signature stamp! Everything that is black above is hand carved into rubber. Then I stamped the carved rubber on paper and colored the image with colored pencils. The actual stamp is small and is only 2" tall (including his name) and 2" wide at the widest point. I LOVE the way it turned out! It reminds me of the photo of him running that I have on his Dogster page (& my computer desk top.) Hopefully the ribbon will be a prediction for more to come!
.
If you want to learn more about letterboxing, visit: www.letterboxing.info or www.letterboxing.org or www.atlasquest.com
.
If you want to see more stamps I have carved, visit the stamps album at:
.