June 29, 2009

Home from camp

.
We're back home and I'm working on getting caught up on all the email and regular mail and "to-do" list items that have piled up during the week. I took very few photos and only a couple videos. Haven't edited them yet, but I will soon.
.
I did find the YouTube video of our C-Wags Rally run on Sunday at the Canine Affair trial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT1TjIc67Do
.
I also found the photos from Sunday of the trial, which were nice, but I don't plan to purchase them. I need to save money for trial entries! We're photos 16-23 here:
http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/album.jsp?aid=768a5498cf3e3815caf5
.
Dazzle did get his Freestyle badge AND his first Freestyle trophy at camp! We took 1st place in the "staff" division during the camp talent contest. :-) It's a nice trophy, I'll get a photo of that posted too. I got the entry on video, so I'll post that as soon as I get it edited. The camp photo CD was not created at the end of camp this time, so I'll have to wait to post those till I get my photo CD (likely at the next camp in July.)
.
Our trip home was long but uneventful. We didn't go on the river trip after camp because I still haven't had a chance to get Dazzle in a kayak and by the end of the week I was hurting pretty badly. I knew that a few hours in a kayak is not really what I needed before the long drive home. As it turned out, no one else wanted to go on the trip either, so we didn't miss it :-)
.
During the camp, I did have a chance to work on getting Dazzle to take the A-frame more slowly. At first, he was leaping onto it above the contact zone, jumping over the apex and then jumping off from above the contact! Now he's doing it in a much more controlled manner :-) He also learned to do the chute and I spent some time freeshaping him on the teeter. I think he will really like that obstacle! I plan to do more shaping with it next camp. We should then be about ready for Agility classes during the Fall/Winter.
.