February 24, 2012

Week 8 Photos and pain update

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. They are working, so please keep them coming. The antibiotic (every 6 hours for 40 doses) finally seems to be having an effect and the swelling has gone down significantly, though not completely).
 
I'm still not able to open my mouth and trying to eat a small meal yesterday from a fork rewared me with about 5 hours of pain that the meds couldn't over come (had to double dose). Still trying to stretch my jaw muscles, gently, as much as I can. As soon as I can get my mouth open, they can proceed with the full dental exam and determine what surgery is needed.
 
I'm still eating with a straw at this point and still needing the muscle relaxers and pain meds to keep my jaw from cramping closed. But at least the infection is finally starting to go away so that's progress.
 
I have all activities cancelled and I pulled my entry in the obedience show at QC next month. I've been living on the couch and sleeping there because my sleep schedule is SO messed up. With the pills on different schedules (some every 6 hrs, some every 4 hrs), I have something to take every 2-4 hours.
 
In spite of that, I did get a couple photos taken for the 52 weeks challenges from my spot on the couch and uploaded them with very little editing.
 
Dazzle has been SO good!  But the restricted activity is really wearing on him and today he went out in the yard and just ran several laps at full speed. We have been making use of the doggie treadmill quite a bit, but it's just not the same as flat out running after the chuck-it ball.  He won't play that game with my husband because he wants to keep coming in to check on me.
 
"Longing to go out and play"