January 08, 2009

1st Rally class

.
We had our first rally class tonight and I'm looking forward to more. Dazzle was really distracted by the squeeky toys being used as rewards in other rings, but did manage to do a nice run through the three signs that we started with when I held up a spoonful of raw food :-) The favorite tug toy wasn't cutting it. The possibility of getting a food reward from my pouch wasn't cutting it. He had to have the food to visually focus on to give me full attention and nice heeling. But I'm not worried. He's only 5 months old, it was a new building, new dogs/people in class, and HIGH distractions in the other rings. So I still think he did really well! You can bet I'll have a squeeky toy for him next week though!
.
Tomorrow he gets the second bath he has had in his life to prep for the conformation show this weekend. In talking to others, it sounds like the entries have really taken off, so it should be a big show! It sounds like a LOT of people are doing it just for fun and the possibility of titles like I am. :-) I'm sure it will be interesting if nothing else :-)